Friday 16 April 2010

sand

IMG_6841

IMG_6586IMG_6596IMG_6606IMG_6647

DSCN8913DSCN8917DSCN8920
IMG_6658

IMG_6822
IMG_6830


IMG_6671


I liked very much the ¡VIVA! logo that i put together earlier, so i repurposed i hopefully to connect the simple graphics with my normal photographic process. I cut the logo (and other parts) out of card, the glued matchsplints and 1mm weight garden wire to the back, this structure will allow me to push the card letters into two types of sand. For the rest of the typography i used the spartan/plate gothic metal type.
By pressing into sand i was hoping underscore the slightly western/borderlands connotation of the show theme as well as the old style font i used.
I used normal play sand that i used for my self promo pieces, and specially bought Bromsgrove green sand used for metal casting which is much finer to create more detailed impressions.
There were some very satisfying results today.
A gallery of the process and results are below.


¡ V I V A ! -


bvgv

No comments:

Post a Comment