Wednesday 3 February 2010

Objectified - a film by Gary Hustwit

objectified




Screening of Objectified a documentary about contemporary industrial and product design

a key quote that resonated with me was from Jonathan Ive

..."I remember the first time I saw an apple product, I remeber so clearly beacuase it was the first time i realised when i saw this product I got a very clear sense of the people that designed it and made it"

this is very similar to my feelings, what got me interested in the visual arts in the first place was the realiseation that there was someone making conscious decisions, an individual making it look the way it does and a (sometimes) careful, considered and meaningful reasons of why it looks the way it does.
And this also matches elements of my own practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment